Saturday, September 27, 2014

Coolest SSH Terminal Client App for any Smartphone iOS - CATHODE


This has got to be the coolest iPhone SSH app. In fact, it is the coolest SSH client on any mobile smartphone. It is called Cathode.

Notice, how I did the BASH test for shellshock on my new iPhone 6 Plus in the screenshot above!

Last year, I reviewed the Desktop version and I said if they ever made an iOS version, I would buy it. And I did. Cathode is a retro, fun SSH client that mimics and old Cathode Tube monitor. The kind you had back in the late 70s and mid 80s.  The little details are great. For example, the reflections in the screen moves along with your gestures. There is burn-in effects and flicker. I love this little app.

This app wouldn't be good unless it supported what you needed in an SSH client - keyboard function along with SSH Key authentication support. The effects are fully adjustable and customizable.

Here are some images for your enjoyment.





iPhone 6 Plus in landscape mode. Here, I am connected to my FreeNAS box.


This is one of those cool iOS only apps and it is made better on the larger 5.5" iPhone 6 Plus.

Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cathode/id656982811?mt=8


No comments:

Post a Comment