Saturday, June 16, 2012

Pimp your OM-D EM5

I got some great accessories for my Olympus OM-D EM-5 micro four third camera -  leather case and camera bag. Here are some pictures and comments.





The leather case is a 1/2 case with full 12-50mm lens cover. Half cases can get pretty pricey (up to $200) but I decided to risk my luck with a $22 case from Hong Kong. You can usually find them on eBay. It usually takes 2 weeks to arrive but it was well worth it. The more expensive cases usually have better stitching and a cut-out for the bottom access panel. Sure, they are nice but they normally don't come with the top cover and they cost a lot more.

Here are some pictures of my $22 half case and top cover.



Overall, I like the case. It is rather sturdy. I think the seller makes a bunch of other cases for other camera because the case for my GF3 is also sold from Hong Kong.



In general, I like half cases. They give the camera a very cool look and give the camera some great protection. Here are some of my micro four third cameras pimped with leather half cases.









I also got an Olympus bag from Amazon. It is the messenger bag sold by Cameta.  Interior dimensions are  (WxHxD): 10 x 6 x 4 in. It sells for $25 and well worth it. I can place the OMD with the full leather case, two lens (Voigtlander 40mm, Panny 20mm), and a second camera body (GF3) all in one bag.










No comments:

Post a Comment